Descendants of Joseph Robinson
Generation No. 1
1. JOSEPH1 ROBINSON died Bef. 1918. He married NANCY RULAND.
Children of JOSEPH ROBINSON and NANCY RULAND are:
2. i. PHILIP NATHANIEL2 ROBINSON, b. August 02, 1839, Deerfield Twp, Warren, Pennsylvania; d. April 13, 1918, Pleasantville, Venango, Pennsylvania.
ii. JANE ROBINSON, m. ? MANROSS.
Generation No. 2
2. PHILIP NATHANIEL2 ROBINSON (JOSEPH1) was born August 02, 1839 in Deerfield Twp, Warren, Pennsylvania, and died April 13, 1918 in Pleasantville, Venango, Pennsylvania. He married SAMANTHA JANE FOGLE December 25, 1867, daughter of HENRY FOGLE and HANNAH ?.
Notes for PHILIP NATHANIEL ROBINSON:
Phillip N. Robinson was born Aug. 2, 1839 in Deerfield Township, Warren County.
He joined for service in Titusville on Oct. 1, 1861, as a private in Company K of the 57th Regiment of Pennsylvania Volunteers, and was elevated to the rank of corporal 48 days later.
He was first discharged on Nov. 1, 1864, by reason of the expiration of this term of service. He joined again and served in D.J. Downing's Company of the 128th, in the Second Battallion of Veteran Reserve Corps. He held the rank of First Sergeant at the close of the war.
Robinson participated in the battles of Fair Oaks, Seven Days, Yorktown, Williamsburg, in front of Richmond, Bull Run, Chantilly, Fredricksburg, Chancellorsville, Fort Stevens, and the defense of Washington.
He was wounded by a gunshot in his right hand at Chancellorsville, and was confined on May 6, 1863, in a hospital at Mount Pleasant, Washington, D.C. On June 20 he was transferred to a hospital at Satterlee, West Philadelphia, because of erysipelas and gangrene which resulted in the loss of his right forearm.
The two events which he regarded as most important during his service, were his wound and the time he was in command of a company of veteran Reserves at Fort Stevens, part of the defense of Washington.
His most intimate comrades in the service were George E. Kellogg, E.C. Strouse and P.M. Guild.
Robinson joined the local Chase Post on June 21, 1879.
He died in 1918, and is buried in the Fairview Cemetery, Pleasantville.
This series is prepared by H.W. Strawbridge from the records of C.S. Chase Post, No. 50, Titusville Grand Army of the Republic.
['Boys in Blue' Sketches of men from this region who served in the Civil War]
More About PHILIP NATHANIEL ROBINSON:
Fact 1: 1861, Company K, 57th PA, V.1., 1st brigade, 1st division, 3'd A.C.
Fact 2: 1918, Buried Fairview cemetery
Notes for SAMANTHA JANE FOGLE:
Also listed in family records as Sean Fogel
Family tradition states she was of Pennsylvania Dutch (German) ancestry
Children of PHILIP ROBINSON and SAMANTHA FOGLE are:
3. i. GUY ABRAM3 ROBINSON, b. January 31, 1882; d. March 03, 1922, Pleasantville, Venango, Pennsylvania.
ii. CLYDE N. ROBINSON, b. May 16, 1891; d. May 20, 1964; m. ELLA ?.
More About CLYDE N. ROBINSON:
Fact 1: buried Fairview cemetery
iii. LAVERNA GERTRUDE ROBINSON, b. November 05, 1870; d. June 04, 1944; m. H.K. VAIL.
4. iv. BERTHA MAY ROBINSON, b. June 23, 1875, Pineville, Pennsylvania; d. August 30, 1926, Pleasantville, Venango, Pennsylvania.
v. RALPH RUTHFORD ROBINSON, b. January 11, 1877; d. July 12, 1948.
More About RALPH RUTHFORD ROBINSON:
Fact 1: buried Morningside Cemetery
5. vi. EVA ALTHEA ROBINSON, b. November 07, 1879; d. June 22, 1958.
vii. GRACE LOLA ROBINSON, b. August 22, 1880; d. July 13, 1957; m. WALTER J. ALLISON.
More About WALTER J. ALLISON:
Fact 1: 1918, with Army in Texas
6. viii. BLAINE BURCHARD ROBINSON, b. June 17, 1884, Scofield, Pennsylvania; d. June 20, 1958, Dewey, Oklahoma.
7. ix. PEARLE BLANCHE ROBINSON, b. March 14, 1886; d. November 12, 1971.
x. HENRY HARRISON ROBINSON, b. November 03, 1888; d. May 01, 1918.
Generation No. 3
3. GUY ABRAM3 ROBINSON (PHILIP NATHANIEL2, JOSEPH1) was born January 31, 1882, and died March 03, 1922 in Pleasantville, Venango, Pennsylvania. He married EMMA LOUISE CLARK June 05, 1912 in Levant, New York, daughter of WILLIAM CLARK and DEBORAH HANDY.
Children of GUY ROBINSON and EMMA CLARK are:
i. JAMES CLARKE4 ROBINSON.
8. ii. PHILIP NATHANIEL ROBINSON.
9. iii. GUY A. ROBINSON, d. Erie, Pennsylvania.
10. iv. BRUCE RANDALL ROBINSON, b. December 29, 1921, Pleasantville, Venango, Pennsylvania; d. November 06, 1991, Austin, Travis, Texas.
4. BERTHA MAY3 ROBINSON (PHILIP NATHANIEL2, JOSEPH1) was born June 23, 1875 in Pineville, Pennsylvania, and died August 30, 1926 in Pleasantville, Venango, Pennsylvania. She married ELMER L. CASLER October 03, 1895 in Jamestown, New York.
Children of BERTHA ROBINSON and ELMER CASLER are:
i. LEROY MCK.4 CASLER.
ii. FERN CASLER.
iii. MARION CASLER, m. ? DIBBLE.
5. EVA ALTHEA3 ROBINSON (PHILIP NATHANIEL2, JOSEPH1) was born November 07, 1879, and died June 22, 1958. She married BRUCE W. BEDFORD June 20, 1906.
More About EVA ALTHEA ROBINSON:
Fact 1: buried Fairview cemetery
Children of EVA ROBINSON and BRUCE BEDFORD are:
11. i. GARWOOD4 BEDFORD.
ii. MARJORY A. BEDFORD, m. ? DOWLING.
6. BLAINE BURCHARD3 ROBINSON (PHILIP NATHANIEL2, JOSEPH1) was born June 17, 1884 in Scofield, Pennsylvania, and died June 20, 1958 in Dewey, Oklahoma. He married JENNIE ESTELLA GRANT November 19, 1904 in Jamestown, New York.
More About BLAINE BURCHARD ROBINSON:
Fact 1: buried Dewey Cemetery
Children of BLAINE ROBINSON and JENNIE GRANT are:
i. BEATRICE4 ROBINSON, m. OSCAR MAYBERRY.
ii. VIRGINIA ROBINSON, m. EDWARD CHANCE.
iii. WANDA ROBINSON, m. ROBERT A. BURNS.
iv. WAYNE G. ROBINSON.
7. PEARLE BLANCHE3 ROBINSON (PHILIP NATHANIEL2, JOSEPH1) was born March 14, 1886, and died November 12, 1971. She married AMOS H. ARCHER July 17, 1907.
More About PEARLE BLANCHE ROBINSON:
Fact 1: 1971, Buried Fairview cemetery
Children of PEARLE ROBINSON and AMOS ARCHER are:
i. HELEN4 ARCHER, d. Bef. 1971.
ii. LAWRENCE ARCHER, d. Bef. 1971.
iii. PHILIP R. ARCHER.
iv. GARLAND C. ARCHER.
Generation No. 4
8. PHILIP NATHANIEL4 ROBINSON (GUY ABRAM3, PHILIP NATHANIEL2, JOSEPH1). He married DOLORES ?.
Children of PHILIP ROBINSON and DOLORES ? are:
i. KATHLEEN5 ROBINSON, m. GARY SNYDER.
ii. PHILIP ROBINSON.
iii. SUSAN ROBINSON, m. ? LIVINGSTON.
iv. MICHAEL ROBINSON.
9. GUY A.4 ROBINSON (GUY ABRAM3, PHILIP NATHANIEL2, JOSEPH1) died in Erie, Pennsylvania. He married MARGARET LOVEY.
Notes for GUY A. ROBINSON:
Donald Guy Robinson, 33, of Erie, a Marine veteran who served in the Pacific theater in World War II, died Saturday in Erie whilie playing golf on an Erie course.
A former resident of Pleasantville, he is survived by his wife, Margaret Lovey Robinson; three brothers, Clarke Robinson of Alaska, formerly of Titusville; Phillip W. Robinson, Wesleyville; and Bruce Robinson of Cheyenne, Wyo.; an aunt, Mrs. Eva Bedford, Titusville; and two uncles, Robert Clark and Clyde Robinson of Pleasantville.
Mr. Robinson, who entered the Marine Corps in 1942, was wounded on Kwajalein and Tinian, but came through the Saipan campaign without harm. While in the Pacific area with the Fourth Marine Division, he was promoted to sergeant.
The funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the Burton funeral home, 602 W. 16th St., Erie. Military graveside services at Wintergreen Gorge Cemetery will be in charge of Carl Neff Post of American Legion.
More About GUY A. ROBINSON:
Fact 1: buried Wintergreen Gorge Cemetery
Child of GUY ROBINSON and MARGARET LOVEY is:
i. DONALD5 ROBINSON.
10. BRUCE RANDALL4 ROBINSON (GUY ABRAM3, PHILIP NATHANIEL2, JOSEPH1) was born December 29, 1921 in Pleasantville, Venango, Pennsylvania, and died November 06, 1991 in Austin, Travis, Texas. He married JANE BARBARA MORRISEY June 29, 1957 in Cheyenne, Laramie, Wyoming, daughter of JOHN MORRISEY and ETHEL BROWN.
Child of BRUCE ROBINSON and JANE MORRISEY is:
i. JOHN GUY5 ROBINSON, b. September 17, 1960, Cheyenne, Laramie, Wyoming.
11. GARWOOD4 BEDFORD (EVA ALTHEA3 ROBINSON, PHILIP NATHANIEL2, JOSEPH1).
Children of GARWOOD BEDFORD are:
i. JAMES B.5 BEDFORD.
ii. JOHN P. BEDFORD.